Tuesday, August 21

Day 234: Breakfast For Dinner

There's nothing really wrong with a regular old day. You know, those days that sort of drift by. Nothing particularly magical happens but nothing disastrous either. Those days are just fine with me. I mean, every day can't be a star, filled with inexhaustible energy and party flags. And the bad days? They can just stay away as far as I'm concerned. But the days in between? Those days are what I like to call grey. Not grey as in gloomy and depressing but grey as in neutral, even keeled and in fact quite okay. Kind of like an old worn grey t-shirt that is super soft and comfy. The kind you can't wait to change into when you come home from work. It's like your relaxation uniform. Everyone has one. Maybe yours is not actually grey in color but never-the-less it is your relaxation uniform.

If I could figure out a way to just stay home on these grey days, in my relaxation uniform, that would be even better. I could cozy up on the couch or in my bed and read the day away. It doesn't hurt that I have just discovered a new murder detective book series to emerse myself into either. Ah... I can almost feel how delicious it would be, all snuggled up with a cat lump in the bed next to me. But since I can't really justify calling in sick until Christmas I'll just have to use my grey days wisely.

We sort of had a grey evening last night. My husband and I were both lazy and not in the mood to cook so we had cereal and toast for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is awesome. We don't do it very often but once in a blue moon we've been known to make pumpkin pancakes for dinner. Maybe we should start a new tradition of breakfast for dinner on grey days? What do you think?

What are your favorite things to do on your grey days?

2 comments:

  1. Curl up with a good book (no...not a text book, not research papers...but good mind candy) and a glass of wine. We don't have a fireplace in this house, but in the past, I'd light a fire and turn on some smooth jazz for the perfect ambiance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that sounds wonderful! I have been reading this new detective series and I get so caught up in the books! I can easily disappear wherever I am! But the nice ambiance of a fire and glass of wine sounds divine! :-)

    ReplyDelete