Tuesday, August 14

Day 227: Funny Stuff

Humor truly is all it's cracked up to be, no pun intended. I love to laugh. I love to be entertained with funny stuff and what I am about to share with you is indeed funny stuff. One of the lovely things about the world wide web is the endless sources of things that inform and entertain. I really love the Internet for that. Of course there are endless other wonderful reasons to love the Internet as well but right here, right now, my focus is on funny.

The other day while surfing around I came across one of the most hilariously written blogs. It is told from the perspective of a young toddler and even though I am not a parent myself I feel sure it is one hundred percent accurate. In one of the recent posts, the toddler discusses animals and as I read through it I was nearly on the floor peeing myself. In the section about cats the toddler says, "If you have a brush or comb, groom your cat. If you don't, just use a lego or slice of bread."Reading these two simple lines made me beyond happy. I could completely picture a small child brushing the cat with a lego or slice of bread, even with peanut butter on it, and especially with peanut butter on it. Poor kitty.

This is seriously funny stuff and there's way more where that came from. Here's one more quote about dogs according to the toddler: "Dogs love to share their water and food. Help yourself." When I read this I thought about the time I ate dog food when I was a kid. Believe it or not, it tasted like rice. My friend, the true culprit and instigator, agreed. We were pretending to be my dog, Heidi. We were running back and forth along the fence like she did, drinking water out of our bowls and "sharing" her food. Why we thought to get our own water bowls I have no idea, though it could likely be that I refused drink after the dog. I was pretty particular about not getting dirty and the dog's water bowl definitely qualified as dirty.

Sigh. Anyway, I hope you will check out this blog. It's called Honest Toddler. I promise you it will not disappoint in its entertainment value. And I guarantee that it will make you laugh and smile. After all, it's funny stuff.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment