Friday, August 3

Day 216: Pocket Money

I love jewelry. Silver jewelry. But I am particularly partial to unique, one-of-a-kind pieces that are designed and made by an artist. There is a wonderful store here called Svensk Hemslöjd, where I love to buy gifts for friends, family and occasionally myself. A while back I noticed a very unique, lovely necklace and put it on my wish list.

Fortunately it was not one of the wish list items selected because a few weeks ago, while in the store browsing, I noticed that my necklace was now marked down half off the regular price. It was very tempting but I didn't buy it. Why, you may ask? Well, we were about to go on a week long vacation (Tjörney) to Tjörn and I wanted to save my "pocket money" in case I saw something there that I loved better. Looking at it now however I wonder how I could have found something I love better. I have loved this necklace from afar for almost a year.

That is, until a couple of days ago. Now I am loving it close up and personal. I was on my way to a restaurant to get a bite to eat. The husband was out of town on business and I was craving BBQ. I know I live in Sweden but as I mentioned before, there is a new restaurant that opened not too long ago  here called Vigårda and they serve the most delicious BBQ'd chicken sandwich you've ever eaten. They also make a lingon BBQ sauce that is utterly phenomenal, even by Texas standards. I decided I would just go take a peek around Svensk Hemslöjd before dinner. And I made the decision before I walked through the door that if the necklace was still there I was going to get it. No hesitation or putting it on hold. If it was there it was fate. So guess what? I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but just in case you didn't catch that, I bought the necklace. And I am so happy that I did. It was pocket money well spent for sure. What do you spend your pocket money on?




No comments:

Post a Comment