Tuesday, June 26

Day 178: Typesetter's Drawer

The quiet of the apartment after having visitors needs filling. Therefore I am starting to plan some new projects to fill the space. One of these projects will be to sand and then paint, or stain,  the top part of this typesetter's drawer I "acquired" a few months ago. Once it has been renovated I will use it as a shelve to house all of my tiny trinkets and things that bring me joy. I have a few items already waiting to relocate. Things that otherwise disappear in their current surroundings due to their miniature size.

I thought this would also be a fun way to archive all of the places we have traveled to. Many times I want to buy a souvenir from the places we visit but I'm not usually drawn to the traditional, touristy stuff. Sometimes I find a special stone or shell, or maybe a small, ceramic piece made by a local artist, and this shelf will be the perfect place to showcase these items. Most of the slots in the shelf are extremely tiny and I haven't yet figured out how I will incorporate them into my plan. But I do have some ideas.

Having a project to work on, especially a creative one, really makes me happy. But as much as I love having a project, I dis-love (dis-love is stronger than dislike but not as strong as hate, because it is not good to hate) an unfinished project. You know the ones that just hang there in limbo, taunting you every time they cross your mind or you see something that reminds you of them. So next on my list will be to start completing these projects. That will really make me happy. And just to keep myself accountable I will share those with you:

* Finish my wedding scrapbook (Wedding was November 2008)
* Finish the scrapbook I started of my first trip to Europe (Trip was summer 2001)

As you can see I have procrastinated completing these two for quite a while so I think they will be okay  to sit on the shelf a bit longer while I start and finish my typesetter's drawer project.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ιt гeally woгkѕ alоng with
    total ѕatisfaction, absolutely no cгavingѕ,
    no smоke just vapors that arе oгdeгless, plus you
    are ablе to smoke indoors!!

    Αlso visit mу web pаge; green smoke discount

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fastidiοus ansωеr back in гeturn
    of thіs matteг with ѕοlid аrgumentѕ and dеscribing thе whole thing
    гegaгding that.

    Alѕo νiѕit mу web site :
    : Www.Turunduseliit.ee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thеre, I think уour blog might be having browser
    соmpatibility іssues. When Ӏ look
    at your website in Fiгefox, it looks
    fine but when οpening in Internet Explorer, it has
    ѕome overlapping. I just wаnted to give уou
    a quick heads uρ! Othеr then that, great blog!


    Heгe іs my blog This Webpage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seldom drop comments, however i did a few searching and
    wound up here "Day 178: Typesetter's Drawer". And I do have a couple of questions for you if you do not
    mind. Is it simply me or does it give the impression like some of the responses look like they are coming from
    brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at other sites, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you list of every one of your social pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    Feel free to visit my web page X-Ray Tec

    ReplyDelete