Thursday, June 28

Day 180: Half-Way Point, Fart Hinders and Shopping

Another milestone approaches... Just three more days until I've reached the half-way point to my goal of finding something positive or happy everyday for 365 days. I will say that, though old habits die hard, it has been fairly easy to follow my new line of thinking more positively these past few months. The beginning was easy as pie. I was motivated and fired up and raring to go. Then I hit a major fart hinder (fart hinder is Swedish for speed bump and it always makes me giggle when I see signs for them), and after trudging over the rocky terrain for a month or so it gradually became easier again. During my period of rolling over the "fart hinders," there were many days when I felt grumpy and annoyed that I had to find something positive that day. It would have been so much easier to just stay in my funk, wallow in it even. But pulling myself out of it, with even a slight, ray of sunshine, was the best thing I could have done for myself during that time. I found that it really was not that difficult to find one, small, itty, bitty positive or happy thing in the day. And I always went to bed a little happier.

My most recent hurdle to overcome was writing every day for two weeks while we were on vacation and had friends visiting. It wasn't difficult to find something positive during those days, it was just difficult to find the time and energy to sit down and compose something after having such fun-filled days, during which we were on the go constantly. I wanted to just plop down on the couch when we came home, or go to bed even, but there was my commitment calling to me, like the gravitational force pulling the alien back home. However, having made it through those two weeks, as well as through our recent vacation to visit my husband's family on the west coast for four days, I can say that writing every day about discovering positive or happy aspects in that day is now an established habit, that most days I look forward to.

But what I am really looking forward to right now is my next Random Giveaway, which will be happening very soon... to celebrate Day 183 of my 365 day commitment to find something positive or happy every day. So stay tuned and be sure to leave a comment on Day 183's post if you want to be included in the drawing. I will be randomly selecting one person from my happy commenters that day, who will then receive a Happy Package in the mail. Giving presents is nearly as much fun for me as receiving them and I am already chomping at the bit to send the next Happy Package out. I will be going shopping tomorrow (which also makes me happy) to find the components of Day 183's Happy Package.

And as always... Be Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment