Friday, June 8

Day 160: Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana!?!

I love this joke. It completely reminds me of my childhood and my mom. I can remember her telling it to me for the first time. I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I laughed and laughed and laughed. It is funny and pretty clever. But even more than this joke, I love orange. The color and the fruit. They both make me happy. Orange makes me think of fun and summer and my husband, as it happens to be his favorite color. He has an orange bicycle, lots of orange shirts and even a watch with an orange band, that I gave to him as a wedding gift. (He wore it on our wedding day too).

Orange seemed to be the theme and color of the day today. It kept re-asserting itself everywhere I turned. It started out with a glass of fresh, orange juice that I drank with homemade, breakfast tacos, made by one of our visiting friends (yum), then continued with my husband riding his orange bicycle, one of our friends wearing an orange t-shirt, the other friend wearing an orange, road-id, wrist band, a blood, orange soda that I drank with my yummy, pizza lunch at Primos Ciao Ciao, an orange, cola popsicle that I was offered at a friend's vespa and clothing shop that we visited, where I also saw a very, cool, orange, vespa helmet, and I saw lots of orange things that I coveted today while we were out shopping and browsing.

I don't know if orange is my favorite, favorite color but I really really like it. It is definitely ONE of my very, favorite colors and I wouldn't be upset if I had to choose it as my absolute favorite. What is your favorite, happy color?


Orange.



No comments:

Post a Comment