Saturday, September 15

Day 259: Sunbeams

"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - Roald Dahl

For some reason the quote above sounds like something said by a child who was asked for his or her thoughts on how to look lovely. And yet it was not written by a child at all but written by none other than the man who created Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach and Fantastic Mr. Fox, among his varied and prolific works. I came across this quote on Pinterest of course. My new favorite adult babysitter (the previous one being Facebook). However, with Pinterest I really feel that I am being productive. I find so many things that inspire me in so many ways from new awesome recipes to try to quotes about happiness and positivity to easy DYI crafts to gorgeous photographs from places all over the world and on and on. The list is really endless. I have discovered some of my favorite blogs via Pinterest, which in turn inspire more creativity in myself. And I really feel that the inspiration I find there gives me a powerful energy boost. A boost that has sparked a vast new source of creativity inside me. It is amazing and wonderful and so very addictive. 

In many ways I feel that the gateways I've accessed via Pinterest have helped me to find a new passion. Since I stopped dancing it has been very difficult to fill the void that not dancing has left in my soul. I am a very visual person. I prefer learning things visually and I am greatly inspired by things that I see and experience with my eyes. Being able to look around and browse through the various "bulletin boards" on Pinterest is like being in a giant toy and candy store for adults and at the same time having access to the recipes and instructions to recreate everything I see. Nearly anyway, and that invigorates me and renews my zest for life. It is like riding on sunbeams through a clear blue sky. And that is lovely. Just like the quote above regarding good thoughts and sunbeams and always looking lovely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment