Friday, April 6

Day 97: Breakfast in Bed

There is still so much of the day left today but I really feel satisfied that I have already found my happy today. Of course kitty started hopping around 4:30am this morning but after a few behind-the-ear scratches and hellos she went  on her way and I fell back into my sleeping rhythm... all the way until seven a.m.! It has been a long time since I slept in until seven. It seems that way anyway with our early, morning kitty.

The first thing I usually do upon waking up is glance over at the clock. Then I turn my attention to the window. It was softly raining out, just as promised by the weather forecast. Though bizarrely, the forecast was that it was supposed to get colder as the morning progressed and start snowing. Well, it lived up to its forecast.

By the time I had gone downstairs to put together a surprise breakfast of scones and coffee it was snowing like crazy. Big, beautiful, fluffy, white balls of cotton falling from the sky. Kitty loves to sit in the window and watch them swirl around in the air. I love to do that as well. The apartment was so quiet and the snow falls so peacefully and softly it is like witnessing a piece of heaven.

There is something very comforting and cozy about eating breakfast in bed. And it doesn't hurt to have freshly-baked, right-out-of-the-oven, grapefruit, honey, yogurt scones with dewberry jam either. Complete it with toasty cup of coffee and you have happiness on a tray. Maybe it was not the most beautiful start to a four day weekend with freezing temperatures and snow but I have high hopes for the rest of the weekend. And if it is more of the same we'll just have breakfast in bed every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment