Wednesday, April 11

Day 102: Everything is a Miracle

I love quotes. When I was young I collected them. Wrote them in my journals, copied them into cards I would mail to friends and family, sometimes even scribbled them onto sticky notes and stuck them on my mirror or refrigerator to remind me of their wisdom. There was something about reading a short, inspiring phrase that made me feel more connected to life. I feel that the quote below, written by Albert Einstein, is brilliant. Of course, he was a brilliant man so there you go.

His quote states that there are two ways to live your life. The first way seems a bit boring after reading the second way. I mean, who really wants to live their life as if nothing is a miracle? It seems sort of sad and definitely uninventive. If given the choice I would definitely choose the second way.

I love the notion of living as if everything is a miracle. It feels hopeful and positive and happy. It is difficult to think of everything as a miracle and not feel a spark of positivity. Perhaps not everything seems to be a miracle when you consider things like cancer and horrible incidents that appear to happen unfairly, but I'm pretty sure that in nearly every situation I find myself in I can find some miracle in that situation.

Everything can be a miracle if we choose to see things that way. To me this is another way of looking for the positive in all situations. I realize that not everyone believes in God or a higher power, though I hope that they do, but I feel that trusting in what you believe is the same as believing that everything is a miracle.

I choose to live as though everything is a miracle. It feels right and it feels happy and it allows wiggle room for the imperfect things that we encounter. Nothing is perfect but if we choose to see these imperfections as part of the miracle, it opens the doors for more miracles.

Choose miracles. And keep your eyes open. You just might catch one in progress.


"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment