Saturday, July 21

Day 203: Car Trip Down Memory Lane

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change."- Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror

Car trips are always good for deep thinking and conversations and singing along to the radio. Of course being in Sweden, I don't know all of the words to the songs on the radio but every so often an old, American tune comes on and the lyrics just flow out of my mouth.

Earlier it was George Michael's, "Careless Whisper," from 1984, but the most recent one was Michael Jackson's, "Man in the Mirror," from 1988. How do I remember all of the words to these songs that I haven't hear for years? I'm not one hundred percent sure as to why but I have a good idea. When I used to buy a new album, or CD, I would listen to it over and over and over, until I knew all of the words, and was so sick of it and couldn't listen to it one more time. By then however each song was burned into my brain. Apparently to remain there forever.

I love all of these old songs from the 80's. Hearing this one today by Michael Jackson, especially the line that I've quoted above, made me stop and think. Almost any changes I've ever wanted in my own life, regardless of who else was involved, have always started with me. Michael Jackson's words made me think about the change I am making in my life currently with my Finding Happy in 365 Days blog. In desiring a more positive, happy world and starting with myself, I'm finding that positivity and happiness have started to flow in my direction. I am attracting more and more positive, happy people into my life and my own outlook is becoming more positive and happy.

It also reminded me of how much I love music and how happy it makes me to sing and dance to old, favorite songs. So this week's goal is to listen to more music and dance [with my husband and kitty while we are at the summer house]. We've already made up our "summer house" dance. More on that later but it's called the "korta ben" dance, which means short legs. Last year it was the robot chicken. Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment