Sunday, July 8

Day 190: The Scent of Fresh Strawberries

The sweet, fresh, scent of strawberries. Nothing says summer as much as that. All around the city you can find these stands set up for the summer, just selling strawberries. And their scent is strong and luring. Yesterday I was on my bike on my way to the pool when I suddenly met the sweet, mouthwatering scent of fresh strawberries. I looked up and sure enough, there was a strawberry stand. Mmmmmm... It's like strawberry stands are the new lemonade stands. Only strawberries are not quite as cheap unfortunately.

The smell of fresh strawberries is probably one of my favorite scents of all time. It ranks right up there with freshly baked brownies, real vanilla, and French roast coffee. But it isn't just the scent of strawberries that is so lovely, the flavor of ripe, Swedish strawberries at the height of summer, well, there just isn't anything better.

One summer before we had moved here, we were visiting Sweden and my husband's mom bought tons of fresh, Swedish strawberries for us to enjoy. I ate so many strawberries that I started to turn red. Not really but I did discover a strange rash on my hands one morning and decided that maybe I should pull back a bit on my strawberry consumption. Luckily it went away after a day or so and I could resume my strawberry gorging, I mean eating.

Strawberry stand at Mariatorget.

Strawberries with Greek yogurt and honey... mmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment