Monday, May 28

Day 149: Good, Cheap Fun

They say that laughter is the best medicine and I tend to agree. Nothing cheers me up or makes me feel better than a good laugh. Yesterday a friend sent me a joke via text message, only I didn't realize it was a joke and I answered the question honestly. It went like this:

Her: "How much does a hipster weigh?" (I just wrote about my new hipster phone pouch so I thought she meant that)

Me: "You mean the pouch? Pretty light-weight. 1 oz :-)"

Her "An instagram!"

Me: "Huh? What's an instagram?" (What I meant was, "What does that have to do with how much a hipster weighs?")

Her: "Haha, it's a joke! A hipster is one of those super hip people on söder (where I live) and instagram is the iPhone app that makes photos look retro!"

Me: (Dying on the floor laughing now... )

I am truly a dork.

One of the things that I have recently become addicted to is this drawing game called Drawsomething. It is played with partners and each turn you are given a choice of three words to draw, of varying degrees of difficulty, and then your opponent receives a notification that you have drawn something. They then click to watch and they watch you draw the picture and then try to guess what it is from the selection of letters at the bottom of the screen. It is completely addicting and it provides some great laughs. Now if you are one of my Drawsomthing opponents, please do not take offense but some of the pictures are masterworks of laughing material. I have taken liberty to copy a few and I've cropped them to spare the artist any embarrassment. Who knows? Some of them may be mine!

This is what I call good, cheap fun. There is nothing better really. The best things in life are free, right? I'll let you all guess what they are...




















1 comment: