Sunday, May 20

Day 141: A Successful Project Completed

Finishing projects is something that is truly happy dance worthy. Especially when the project drags on and on and you begin to wish you'd never started it. That is until it is finished and you get to reap the benefits and see all of your hard work and ideas come to fruition. A while back I decided to paint over the wallpaper in the guest bedroom. I was given free license to choose a color and had my heart set on a sage green or pumpkin color. Unfortunately the various, green swatches I brought home did not go well with the color already on the other walls and it was nearly impossible to find the shade of pumpkin that I had in mind. I finally decided on cappuccino, which is sort of a taupe shade. I have had the paint for a few weeks now and finally during this long, holiday weekend I managed to get the room prepped for painting, with the help of my wonderful husband. The paint job turned out even better than I expected and it is a great relief to finally have it completed.

A few weeks ago we put in the desk, which I might add also looks fabulous. Originally I wanted a stand alone desk that could be moved if need be. My husband had suggested mounting a desk top in the cubby space by the window but I was not thrilled with the idea. What if we wanted to take the desk out at some point? Then there would be holes in the wall to repair. I resisted his idea until I finally saw a photo of a desk similar to what he had described. It looked fantastic. I guess I couldn't picture it before but I really liked the idea after that and gave him the green light to move forward.

Now all that is left is to hang some art and put up shelves. Hanging our art will be fairly easy and will probably happen rather quickly. The shelves however may take some time. We have a specific thing in mind. We want to mount cube shelves in a stacked and staggered pattern and we have yet to find what we are looking for. So those will be left for a future happy dance. For now, I will bask in the happy glow of a successful project completed. See for yourselves...



Repainted wall...




New built-in desk...




Before photo, which was actually taken before we moved in back in January 2010. I did not have a more recent before photo but this shows the wall paper before I painted over it...





No comments:

Post a Comment