Wednesday, February 29

Day 60: [Forced] Morning Workout

We had no hot water again this morning. I was not a happy camper and I refused to take a sponge bath for the second day in a row. So I packed myself up to head to the gym. I had decided in the process that if I was making a special trip to the gym to shower I might as well get in a quick workout as well. Right? My backpack was heavy, I was annoyed, and this was the last thing I wanted to do before work.

I arrived at the gym and made my way to one of the locker rooms to put my stuff away and then head to a treadmill. While I was standing there pulling out my iPhone and my water bottle I noticed a horrible smell. It smelled like someone with really stinky feet, which nearly made me gag. It was then that it dawned on me that I forgot my flip-flops for showering. At that point I seriously considered heading back home for a sponge bath instead. I am not OCD but I would say that the line is thin. The thought of putting my bare feet on that floor made me feel, well, let's just say icky.

I pushed the thought out of my mind and hurried out to the gym instead. Once I got into my half-running, half-walking rhythm on the treadmill, I decided that maybe it was a blessing in disguise that we did not have hot water this morning. I mean, this little adventure allowed me to discover that getting to the gym for a morning workout before work was completely doable. Before this moment I would never have considered it. I am not really a morning person. All I need to do is pack my gym bag the night before. I could easily roll out of bed, drink some coffee and sprint out the door to the gym. I found the positive hidden within the negative.

After my workout I headed to the shower only to discover that I also forgot my hairbrush and my shower soap. Well, nothing's perfect. In the end I just used my face soap to shower and decided to put my hair in a pony tail. My forced morning workout turned out to be a great start to the day. Now I just need to get my gym bag better organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment