Tuesday, February 21

Day 52: Extra Sleep

Suddenly I felt a thump as something landed on the bed. Then a meow and something from the darkness sprang across the bed. It was our kitty. She was bright-eyed and bushy tailed and wanted us to pet her. The room was dark and I lifted my head up to see what time it was on the clock. All I could see were the last two numbers… “28”. It was ”something 28” in the morning. Kitty. We need to sleep. She stepped over onto my husband and I fell back asleep.

The alarm went off but I didn’t notice. Kitty was back however and she was, again, ready to start the day. She purred and pushed her head against my hand. I got up and stumbled to the bathroom, came back to bed and promptly went back to sleep. The second alarm clock went off and I reached out in my sleep and turned it off. I must have. I vaguely remember doing it but I vaguely do not remember doing it. My husband cuddled up to me and we both sank back into dreamland.

An hour later I awoke and looked at the alarm clock. Seven thirty. “It’s seven thirty!” I shrieked as I attempted to jump up. I was lead. I could barely move I was so drunk with sleep. I had a physical therapy appointment at eight. I showered and left the apartment and on my way there I called to let them know I was on my way. I was only ten minutes late, miraculously.

So lying there with the acupuncture needles in my back, I tried to find the positive in my rather hectic start to the day. I did get to sleep thirty minutes later than normal. If you are the kind of morning person that I am, an extra ten minutes is pretty good. An entire thirty minutes was heavenly. So what if I am dressed a bit like a gangster today. I am a well-rested gangster.

No comments:

Post a Comment