Tuesday, December 11

Day 346: All Wrapped Up

This past Sunday was the second Sunday of advent, which means there are only two more weeks of gift shopping and festivities until Christmas Day. I have almost completed my shopping. There are just a few more things to pick up and then it's time to start wrapping. Wrapping presents is one of my favorite things to do this time of year. I love coming up with a theme and color scheme and then wrapping and decorating each gift in a fun, unique design. Everything from the wrapping paper itself to the ribbons and gift tags are all just as important as the gifts inside as far as I'm concerned and it is probably my favorite part of gift giving. If I'm ever "forced" to wrap something quickly or borrow paper and supplies that are not my own, it pains me just a little to give that gift away, knowing it wasn't especially selected by me and properly represented. Silly, I know, but it is still an important part of the gift wrap process to me.

So what will my style and theme be this year? Well, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you see it, I may have a few different styles this year. You see, we have already delivered most of the gifts to our Texas family during our recent fall trip and I used up all of my natural brown paper with red hearts, which I had planned to use for all of my packages this year. Fortunately I have found some other really fun wrapping papper and ribbon to package the remaining gifts for our friends and family in Sweden. So our Texas family will have one style and our Swedish family will have another style. Then I may do a completely different style for all of my husbands presents. Why, you may ask? Mostly because I came across some other wrapping paper and gift decorations that I just could not live without.

Oh... the joys of Christmas gift wrapping! I will be sure to post some photos later once I have some samples to show. Until then... happy gift shopping and happy gift wrapping!

How do you usually wrap your gifts? Do you like traditional designs? modern designs? crazy, fun, whimsical designs?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment